HARPENDEN & DISTRICT INDOOR BOWLING CLUB
1. When using the rinks,
a) members shall observe the club’s dress code:-
i ) MEN -Mid grey trousers; white above the waist, or for roll ups, practices and league games, the club’s coloured polo shirt.
For inter-club matches, the HIBC team shirt (or white shirt & club tie). For national and county matches, the HIBC team shirt.
ii) LADIES- Regulation grey skirt/ cut-offs/ trousers or sports trousers.
White above the waist or, for roll ups, practices and league games, the club’s coloured polo shirt.
For inter-club matches, the HIBC team shirt (or white shirt) with official club wine waistcoat / cardigan.
For national and county matches, the HIBC team shirt with official clubwine waistcoat/cardigan.
iii) Shoes must be regulation flat-soled bowling shoes, which must not be worn outside the building.
b) members shall provide their own bowls.
c) members shall observe the rules of play posted on the notice board for league games and competitions.
d) members shall refrain from eating, drinking and running on the rinks.
e) members’ mobile phones must be on silent..
2. Rinks for training of new bowlers after Club Open Days are entitled to be preferential rink bookings, provided that the members displaced are given at least seven clear days prior notice.
2.1 National and county competitions are entitled to arrange preferential rink bookings (with the exception of 2. above), provided that the members displaced are given at least seven clear days prior notice. Pre-booking more than one rink requires executive authority.
3. Dogs and other pets shall not be allowed on the club premises except for assistance dogs.
4. Notices shall not be displayed without the permission of the Secretary or Assistant Secretary except on the “Miscellaneous” notice board.
5. The club shall provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults to bowl.
6. New members who have no previous bowling experience should seek coaching at the club prior to participating in any Club bowling activities.
7. The club accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any injury or damage to members or visitors or to their equipment left on club premises or in the car park or adjacent areas.
8. The Club Council reserves the right to rescind and amend any bye-law.