NEW MEMBER APPLICATION
You may apply online by completing the form below and pressing the 'submit' button at the bottom. You will receive a confirming email
if you wish to download a blank form which you can fill in manually and submit it by hand or by post then please:
If you are new to bowling please do not submit this form until you have completed the Introductory Course.
* denotes mandatory box
- Press 'Submit' to send this form to the Club then either arrange an online payment to the Club for the amount showing in the Total Payable box using the bank details on the email sent to you in reply to this submission or make cheque payable to Harpenden & District Indoor Bowling Club and send to The Membership Secretary, Harpenden & District Indoor Bowling Club, Waldegrave Park, Aldwickbury Crescent, Harpenden, AL5 5SA.
- If you have previous bowling experience, please complete these boxes fully.
- Joining fee for full playing members is £20.00. For Social and Junior members there is no fee
- Table of Subscription fees:
|Month of joining||Full Playing||Month of joining||Full playing|
|August||80 (14 months)||March||45|
|September||80 (13 months)||April||38|
|October & November||80||May||31|
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION 2018 (GDPR)
The Data Protection Act 1998 is being replaced by new legislation with effect from 25 May 2018. The General data protection Regulation contains significant changes in the law which affect our Club. Consequently, the Club has had to review its role and responsibilities in managing the personal data you have provided to us. Personal data is any information in digital or paper form that identifies any aspect about a person.
In applying for membership you will have given us your name, address, telephone numbers and, if you have one, an e-mail address; and also an emergency contact’s phone number. This information is put on our membership database which is held securely.
Our policy regarding: data protection
· We will not share your details with any third party other than for the legitimate purposes of bowling.
· We will only use your data to manage your membership and related activities, including information you provide for the purpose of attending club events.
· We will only hold personal data that you have provided in your application to become a member or have subsequently updated.
Our policy regarding: communication
We use the personal data that you have provided to communicate with you about your club membership and any club activities or club news. For example:
- Reminders and updates about social events, competitions and fixtures.
- Requests for volunteers for housekeeping and maintenance activities.
- Relevant other bowls activities such as charity galas.
Your rights under GDPR 2018:
The legislation also introduces a number of individual rights and these include your right:
- To enquire about what data we hold and its accuracy
- To be informed of any data security breach
- To ensure that we erase your data if your membership ceases
You can ask about the data we hold on you by telephoning or writing to the Club Secretary.