The Club is open all year round, summer and winter
New members, of all abilities, are always welcome - watch here for details of open days.
Please contact us for any further information you require
The Executive Club Council has decided to close the club from the completion of the 4;30pm to 6:30pm Friday evening league Friday 13th March. The club will be closed for 30 days with constant reviews during this period, with further decisions being made towards the end of the 30 day period. This decision was not taken lightly. We feel that we have a duty of care to our members, most of whom remain in the virus’s high risk group. There has been a lot of uncertainty and concern amongst members and we also wanted to alleviate these worries.
THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY
· The AGM will now be postponed
· All club competitions will be postponed
· The presentation evening will be postponed
· All inter-club matches will not be played at HDIBC during these period
· All internal leagues will be delayed
· There will be no programmed roll-ups
· The refrigerator in the kitchen will be cleared and no further milk supplies will be ordered.
Our next OPEN DAYS will be held in September 2020. Why not come along then and give Indoor Bowling a try. If you are already a bowler please come along to meet us and see our facilities. Please bring with you a pair of flat soled shoes, if you have them. If you wish to join the Club at any other time then please contact the Secretary as shown on the Contact page.
Competition Success: Congratulations for success in County and National competitions to:
1. Neville Burgess, Woodie Donaghue and Nick Muir for reaching the National Mens Triples Finals to be played later in the year.
2. Janet Metcalfe/Beryl Birch, Woodie Donaghue, Nick Muir and Jenny Redford on winning the Herts County Mixed Fours Finals.
To all our bowlers - especially our newer bowlers and those of you who would like to improve your game, just to remind you that ongoing coaching is available from our eight qualified coaches on request. See 'coaching' page for details